CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

How Many Times Can I Say "Blog" in this blog?

Whoa! I had no idea that I was going to get sucked into the world of html tags and layout design when I decided to begin blogging. It all started when I was reading my friend Jenn's blog (the first blog I've EVER really read!) Her blog is so full of life! She has a great template, fun "blogs," and many pictures posted. Upon returning to my blog, I felt like I was looking at a bowl of oatmeal. Needless to say, I spent two hours last night reading how-to articles and searching for blog templates.

I went to bed at 11:00 pm and instantly fell deep into the dream world of blogs! I was trying to blog every thought in my dream. I was picturing layout boxes and kept rearranging the boxes, as if I was playing Tetris, to make them fit just right on my blog. It was crazy! I woke up repeatedly throughout the night and kept telling myself that my blog was just fine and did not need any more attention!

Today was a fresh start and I had much more success finding a template. I also figured out how to make a picture mosaic (an idea I stole from Jenn's blog!) I did manage to tear myself away from my computer for most of the day to have lunch with Hal's family and shop for the girl's Easter dresses. I started looking online for the dresses yesterday and I decided to force myself to go into one store and buy them without researching every store I could think of and agonizing over which dresses were the cutest. After all, I don't have as much time to think about that kind of thing now that I have blogging to dream about!



2 comments:

  1. Nice work! It's easy to get sucked in. My friend, Kristi is a pro (you can check out her blog from mine). I am constantly calling her and asking her questions. You should definitly download photoscape (it's free). You can create great collages, layer your pictures, add words and fonts, etc. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete